- Is the scrap yard open on Saturday?
Accurate Metals Lansdowne is open on Saturday from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- What are our hours?
Accurate Metals Lansdowne: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday – Friday, Saturday 8 AM – 12 PM
- Where are our scrap yards?
- What if I have more scrap metal than I can haul myself?
Call us for a dumpster! We will only charge you a hauling fee and rebate you for your scrap!
- What metals will we pay for?
- Cast Iron
- Stainless Steel
- Light Iron
- and more!
- What are non-ferrous metals?
- Aluminum – an alloy of copper, manganese and aluminum. Very lightweight and pliable. Used in window frames, gutters, roof flashing, and aircraft parts.
- Copper – A naturally occurring element. Copper has the best electrical conductivity of all other elements after silver. Also a thermal conductor. Used for wiring, tubing, and plumbing. Also commonly alloyed with other metals such as zinc, lead and tin to produce items such as water valves.
- Brass – A combination of copper and zinc. Commonly used for ornamental purposes such as door knobs and within electrical fittings.
- Silver – Another naturally occurring element, but mixing with copper creates sterling silver. Used for jewelry and within electrical fittings.
- Lead – A naturally occurring element commonly used in battery plates that function as electrodes. Also used as protection against X-rays.
- Tin – one of the most expensive non-ferrous metals, making recycling tin very important. Used to coat steel cans, manufacture springs, glass coating and in car parts.
- What are ferrous metals?
Metals containing iron such as steel and iron alloys such as stainless steel.
- Mild Steel – lowest carbon content of 0.1 to .3% and iron content of 99.7 – 99.9%. Used commonly for engineering and non-specialized products.
- Carbon Steel – higher carbon content of 0.6 – 1.4% and iron content of 98.6 – 99.4%. Used to manufacture cutting tools such as drill bits and knives.
- Stainless Steel – or corrosion-resistant steel, consists of iron, nickel and chromium. Used commonly for cutlery and surgical instrumentation.
- Cast Iron – carbon content of 2 – 6% and iron content of 94 – 98%. Very strong steel but brittle. Commonly used to manufacture claw-foot bathtubs, patio furniture, engine blocks and manhole covers.
- Wrought Iron – almost 100% iron. Commonly used for railings, gates and fencing.
- What do you accept at your yard?
Metal scrap, cardboard & wastepaper.
- What is included with scrap metal service?
If requested, we will provide delivery and pickup of ordered dumpster for your scrap metals, included in your low, flat-rate pricing.
- Got metal scrap and need service?
We can either come to you with our dumpster or you can come to our location in Lansdowne, PA.