Dumpsters are invaluable in many circumstances when you need to dispose of heavy or bulky trash. If you’ve ever tried to clear out the contents of a home for a renovation or a move without the convenience of a rental dumpster onsite, you know the hassle of loading up truckload after truckload of waste material.
You can rent a dumpster for just a day or two if you’re clearing out, or rent by the month for a renovation project that you know will create waste materials continuously. Either way, a rental dumpster can be a true lifesaver.
Types of Debris
All of the following may be discarded in a rental dumpster, as long as they don’t exceed the dumpster’s weight limit:
- Toilets, sinks, bath tubs
- Cabinets and countertops
- Asphalt shingles
- Waste paper
- General household junk
- Soil and landscaping debris
- Scrap metal (keep separate)
On the other hand, never dispose of these in a dumpster:
- Hazardous chemicals
Sizes and Weight Limits for Residential Dumpsters and Compactors
Our rental dumpsters come in five convenient sizes to accommodate virtually any residential or commercial project that will generate truckloads of waste:
|10 cubic yards||3.5′ x 8′ x 11′||3 tons|
|15 cubic yards||3.5′ x 8′ x 16′||3 tons|
|20 cubic yards||3.5′ x 8′ x 22′||4 tons|
|30 cubic yards||6′ x 8′ x 22′||5 tons|
|40 cubic yards||8′ x 8′ x 22′||6 tons|
Our commercial compactors offer a long-term solution for locations that generate more than 50 cubic yards of waste per week. The advantage of the compactor is that it reduces the volume of trash and in turn reduces the number of pickups required, thus cutting your waste disposal expenses significantly.
Size Recommendations for Your Rental Dumpster
Here is a general guide for deciding what size dumpster rental you need for your project:
- A 10-yard rental dumpster is best for smaller projects such as an attic, basement, or one-car garage clean out. The waste generated from small home improvement projects such as updating a bathroom or tearing down a wall are also suitable for a 10-yard dumpster rental.
- A 15-yard rental dumpster can handle indoor projects such as the removal of old kitchen cabinets, rugs, flooring, and walls. It is also suitable to clear out a large basement or the junk from two to three bedrooms. A 15-yard dumpster is likely adequate for outdoor jobs like a patio removal, tree removal, and leaf and general yard waste.
- A 20-yard rental dumpster can cover waste from home improvement projects such as a kitchen renovation or a roof removal. Moving to a new home inevitably generates a significant amount of junk to toss out, so consider a 20-yard dumpster for this purpose.
- A 30-yard rental dumpster can handle large-scale clear outs such as work on a foreclosed home or estate sale, or to remove items in a hoarding situation. During a major home renovation, a 30-yard dumpster can be used to dispose of waste from a combination kitchen/bath removal or from a basement remodel. Disposing of items such as mattresses, large pieces of furniture, and appliances may be suitable for a 30-yard dumpster.
- A 40-yard rental dumpster is our largest rental dumpster. Consider this size if you are flipping a home and need to remove all or most of the contents. Other large projects like removing clutter before an estate sale or renovating an entire home or large floor of a home may also be accommodated by a 40-yard dumpster rental.
If you’re unsure about which size dumpster is best for you, we will be happy to advise. Before calling, make a list of the largest, heaviest items you need to dispose of. Using that as a starting point, we’ll be able to recommend the right size dumpster for your needs.
Dumpster Rental Service Areas
Our service areas reach into six Pennsylvania counties, including Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, Bucks, and Berks — and to New Castle County in Delaware. Dumpster rental can be arranged in these counties as quickly as the same day it’s requested. Be sure to clear an adequate space for the dumpster including several feet around it in each direction, and ensure that there are no impediments such as vehicles, other waste containers, or tree branches.
Dumpster Rental Terms
Call us to discuss your dumpster rental needs. We have solutions for everything from a single day to an ongoing rental, and we can pick up your dumpster on a schedule that is most sensible and cost-effective for your needs.
Note that a separate set of regulations applies to commercial trash removal in the City of Philadelphia. Commercial dumpsters placed on private property or city property are required to obtain a one-time license from the city based on size and purpose. Commercial dumpsters that impede the public right of way are licensed annually at a higher rate. Other rules apply for types of waste allowed, cleaning and emptying schedule, and location and positioning.
Accurate Recycling Makes Dumpster Rental a Snap!
At Accurate Recycling, customer service is our top priority. We believe that you should always be able to communicate directly with the waste company that is serving you. When you call Accurate, you will speak with a member of our team who can walk you through the ins and outs of dumpster rental and recommend the best size for your project.
Don’t put yourself through the added time, hassle, and expense of trying to dispose of your bulk trash or waste by car, truck, or van. It is simply not worth it and often winds up costing as much or more than it would if you’d had a temporary dumpster rental installed at the site of your clean out or renovation project. Not to mention the possibility of causing damage to your car or truck in the process of moving refuse.
Accurate Recycling is dedicated to offering you the best service and the best value in the business. For waste removal and recycling solutions that fit your location, budget, and needs, call us today!